Welcome to A place for people who want to
create impactful + lovable work
Hey, I’m Yunzhe
I work with high potential millennials who are tired of dreading their just “okay” jobs and yearn to confidently change into a career they’ll love.
And you may feel like you’re an oddball for not being happy at being one of the top companies in your field (Big 4 anyone?) or one that’s paying you a 6 figure salary. The truth is, you’re not alone.
In fact, a majority of my clients are exactly where you are when they first started out – because money and stability are only a small factor of what leads to fulfillment.
People come to me when they’re feeling exhausted by the lack of clarity and purpose in their lives. They are confused about what their interests actually are and anxious about what next steps to take.
Together, we’ll create a personalized plan that’s tailored to your unique strengths and values, so that it feels enjoyable and easeful. A plan that leads to confidence, excitement and successful career transitions – one that’ll fast track you from just getting by and living for the weekends to a life filled with aliveness and fulfillment.
This is my mission. My life’s work.
Because I’ve also gone through the same journey. I felt stagnant at my job, and was spending all my time on things that I didn’t particularly care about. So I started doing 12 side projects in 12 months to explore my interests, gain skills and face my fears. Then I switched from marketing to writing + career coaching. But there’s an important point I left out in between – which was how a dear friend offered me a physical space to work at, as well as mental accountability.
That changed everything for me, and I want to provide that exact support to you – because changing careers is hard. But so worth it.
One Month Project Fans <3
“The side projects framework plus your feedback, my realizations and the one month focus gave me so much confidence to pursue what I wanted but was scared to.” – David
“I was literally on the verge of thinking that maybe I didn’t have the skillset to excel at work. You really help me get my career transition off the ground. You’re like a manager I wish I had.” – Kristie
“Coaching with you really brought back structure in my life. During the program, I learned to focus on the things that matter to me. I’m excited to be taking on 12 projects in 2019 and consistently take action!” – Mimi
I have a 5+ year background in education, mentorship and career development. I’ve worked with students as an advisor for PAFN (Pacific-American Family Network) as well as early-career professionals as a mentor for GrowthX Academy (career change program).
I have a unique perspective to show you how you can find what you’re good at, test out careers before you commit and gain the skills you need to finally make that switch. And resolve the feeling of unfulfillment, once and for all.
I’ve also successfully switched jobs in 2 months to a completely different field (from marketing to writing + career coaching) and ending up making 10x what I originally made per hour within a year.
My philosophy as a coach is also to be a friend and mentor who has your best interests at heart. Also known as “the manager you wish you had for your career development.”
And when I’m not writing, coaching or doing my own one month projects, I can be found listening to kpop / low key EDM, spending time with my little brother or road-tripping around the world.
That’s all the details on my professional life.
Curious to know more?
Here are 5 more facts about me…
1. I never finished my Econ degree as a second major even though I was only a couple of classes away (yes, my parents flipped out a little). I did a cost-benefit analysis and chose to study abroad in HK instead. On the other hand, I got deferred from the business school and still got in the exclusive classes through cold-emailing professors. The moral here is to spend your time on things that matter, and don’t let anything stop you 🙂
2. My advice on careers and personal projects have been featured on a variety of publications like Forbes, Fast Co., Thrive Global, and many more. I’ve also been named as one of the top learning experts alongside Tim Ferris (author of 4 Hour Workweek), Josh Waitzkin (Art of Learning ) and Max Deutsch (Month to Master).
3. I can do 20 push-ups! Thanks to the exercising and dancing challenges I did as part of my monthly projects – I was able to go from someone who couldn’t even lift up her own mattress when moving apartments in SF to a strong, independent woman.
4. My guilty pleasure is anything mango or coconut or sago related. Bonus if it’s a combo of all three together, like one of those boba shops in Hong Kong. #HuiLauShan
5. I am living proof that it’s never too late to make your dreams a reality, whether it is breaking into a new field, getting paid as a creative, traveling around the world, or building a career that’s exciting and fulfilling. One simple step can change everything. As the wise author Ray Dalio wrote: “What you think is attainable is just a function of what you know at the moment.”
Want to take the first step towards exploring what’s possible for your future?
Schedule a free strategy chat with me below to get crystal clear on your new direction 🙂
And hey, thanks for being here. And thanks for pursuing the fullest potential of you.